Requests from different engineers

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Requests from different engineers

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ludwig
    Ludwig
    Participant

Hello guys, I’ve beed doing trainings with dLive and here are some ideas:

– Show mute status of channels in the meters.
    – On a stereo channel, the possibility of correcting individual values (Eg. Different gain in a keyboard).
    – Store scope (decide what do you want to store in a scene).
    – Output trim (for correcting levels wihtout using a external processor).
    – Control Groups (a VCA for monitor sends. This way you could lower the all drums value with one fader instead of lowering 12 faders). (URGENT)
    – Gang faders without having them all in 0dB. (more like a relative ganging).
    – Don’t change the compressor parameters whenever you change the compressor model (in the case that applies).
    – Solo in Place (URGENT)
    – GEQ fader flip on softkeys.
    – Scene preview (for editing a scene while the console is working with other one). For example during a festival with one band on stage and the operator from the other band doing corrections to his scene wihout taking out audio).
    – Show sent values for channels on rotaries. (Eg. show how many “dB” does a matrix has, or how many dB of FX does the channel has on the rotaries.
    – Gain Tracking for peaking signals (a procedure to automatically lower the gain a few dB when it peaks. There are sometimes when a band can’t do a soundcheck and just jump and play. This feature will ensure not to have distortion initially).
    – Auto decrement on scenes.
    – Routing a group to another group.
    – This one would be like a nirvana… Some shows use many inputs and too many outputs. 62 outpus may be not enough for some shows due to its complexity (eg. we have a show with 25 singers and a 6 guys band and also FX). The possibility for exchanging inputs for outputs would be great. This way you could have more than 62 outputs or the possibility for using them as FX.

Thanks!

Profile photo of Samlow
    Samlow
    Participant

– GEQ fader flip on softkeys.
    The desks have a button for this.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Why? Storing everything and recalling only relevant data is the better way to do it…

– Auto decrement on scenes.
    ??? What?

– Scene preview (for editing a scene while the console is working with other one). For example during a festival with one band on stage and the operator from the other band doing corrections to his scene wihout taking out audio).
    It was in the preview of Fistral shown but didn’t made it into the final, so I guess it’s coming with the next major release

Profile photo of Ludwig
    Ludwig
    Participant

@samlow. Yes but you need to select the mix you want to fader flip. An engineer told me it could be handful to have the fader flip for a specific output.

@steffen R. Auto decrement for teather. The same you use auto increment but in case you need to go back quickly. This saves you time instead of going to scenes page and select what scene do you want to go back and then hit go.

Profile photo of magneticfield
    magneticfield
    Participant

Some of the proposals listed seem very good!

– Show mute status of channels in the meters.

Great!

– On a stereo channel, the possibility of correcting individual values (Eg. Different gain in a keyboard).

Great!

– Output trim (for correcting levels wihtout using a external processor).

Great! It would certainly be an extreme utility especially when it has no external control or processor. This is a theme that Yamaha has solved very well for many years even in their models of cheaper tables.

– Control Groups (a VCA for monitor sends. This way you could lower the all drums value with one fader instead of lowering 12 faders). (URGENT)

Great! Especially useful when you are using the same table to make P.A. and monitors, all at once.

– Gang faders without having them all in 0dB. (more like a relative ganging).

This would be like a DCA? I do not quite understand Gang with values of fader relative… can you explain a little, have I missed something? In what concrete application would this be useful and interesting?

– Solo in Place (URGENT)

Great!I miss it many times…

Let’s hope that as @steffen said, for the next update, this one is already implemented.

– Show sent values for channels on rotaries. (Eg. show how many “dB” does a matrix has, or how many dB of FX does the channel has on the rotaries.

Great! very useful!

– Gain Tracking for peaking signals (a procedure to automatically lower the gain a few dB when it peaks. There are sometimes when a band can’t do a soundcheck and just jump and play. This feature will ensure not to have distortion initially).

Great! very useful! That can be on/off as a general option.

– Routing a group to another group.

Great! I think someone already proposed this at some point…

– This one would be like a nirvana… Some shows use many inputs and too many outputs. 62 outpus may be not enough for some shows due to its complexity (eg. we have a show with 25 singers and a 6 guys band and also FX). The possibility for exchanging inputs for outputs would be great. This way you could have more than 62 outputs or the possibility for using them as FX.

Great! This would be the personified flexibility!

I’m already a very fan of dLive, but if they grant us all these requests, I’am tattoo Allen & Heath it on the forehead!

SteffenR
    Participant

@Ludwig
    what you are talking about is an undo function ??
    “Auto Increment” means that a recall selects the next scene (Cue)
    it makes no sense to me to reverse that
    but I agree to an undo if something went wrong, maybe if possible more than one step

Profile photo of Ludwig
    Ludwig
    Participant

@magneticfield Guess you are right about the DCA. And I would like to see that tatoo! 🙂

@SteffenR Well, it’s not quite an undo but more a backwards navigation without the need of doing 2 or more moves.

Some other engineers talked about a timeline, something like AVID does with their conosoles. The posibility to go back in time in a scene.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

yes! That’s exactly what I want since dLive is on the market.
    i could use that for effect scenes, so i don’t have to rework all the scenes if the number of auxes is changed or new functions are added.
    I have already written that, but apparently there are only a few colleagues who could use it.
    I would appreciate it very much

SteffenR
    Participant

@wolfgang
    I would love to have more libraries for this
    save a configuration for later reuse… Preset in a library
    Patch, Channel, Strip Layouts, DCA, Softkeys

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

Anyone who has worked on a Midas Pro, will HATE store scope. It is a terrible PITA, that makes programming more confusing than necessary. And I don’t really see any situations where it will be preferable… you just pick from the recall scope what you want, is that not the same thing…?

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

I think additional control groups is the wrong way to do it. It should work like Midas, where you can decide to flip DCAs to faders or not, to adjust selected AUX or Master layer while in flip mode. Very useful feature.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

in iLive there was the possibility to write only certain functions in a scene. I used this especially for effectscenes and was very happy with it.
    of course you can also use recall filters, but as soon as you change the number of AUX, you have to adjust the recall filters to the changed situation.
    I find this tedious and also quite problematic if you forget to adapt in hectic situations.
    so I would like to have a scene management for FX (which also includes routing) independent of the rest of the system.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Look at the lower end of the market. You can learn from everybody and everything. There is the X32 which can manage Scenes and so called snippets. Scenes will always store everything and you can select the parameters which should be loaded from the scenes with recall safes. For snippets you select the stored parameters. In the next step you can define a cue list with scenes and snippets. This is very helpful especially for theater work.

SteffenR
    Participant

I think an improved combination of Scenes and Libraries would help a lot
    mostly I use Libraries for the dynamics, but it would make sense to have more libraries as mentioned befor…

the library system should get some changes or additions

It would help to have a channel library that saves inserts (Dyn8, FX) included in the channel
    and to generally seperate the User Presets from the Factory Presets

The problem here is that I often save a scene during a gig but can’t remember the state within special areas (Strip Layout, User Buttons, FX)
    Maybe I have to improve my workflow as well… 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.