Requests after using the Qu-32 for a few months

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Requests after using the Qu-32 for a few months

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Smalltown Jim Smalltown Jim 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

I have recently purchased and setup a QU-32 for my church, and whilst I think it is pretty great, here are a few improvements I’d like to see after a few months of use:
    (FYI: I have a guest user set up with a starting scene for meetings/spoken word & prerecorded music and the standard user, locked down to the custom layer only, with no permission for routing or prefade to prevent confusion. A separate drive-rack is used to do the PA processing)

1) Some improvements to permissions:
    1a) I’d like to allow the standard user to modify the effects settings, but not the routing I can’t seem to give out this permission without giving out lots of the permissions. (Also the permissions only apply to the touch screen for effects, not the softkey – ie. tap tempo)
    1b) the USB button respects routing permissions – if a user cannot change the routing on the screen, they should not be able to change it using the USB button next to the gain knob
    1c) I’d like to be able to lock a scene from being edited by anybody except the administrator – to be used as a starting scene, without fear of being overwritten
    1d) I’d like the unit to always ask you to log in, even if the guest user has no password set, and was the last person to log out. (I think this only happens when a starting scene is set)
    1e) I’d like standard users to be able to plug in their own USB sticks and access their libraries
    1f) I’d like standard users to be able to configure mute groups and DCAs without having routing permissions

2) EQ rotary encoder resolution – can we have the rotary encoder next to the screen be 1:x ratio of the EQ encoders? I hate trying to reduce/increase the gain of a band to 0 only to have the screen control overshoot to 0.1 (or -0.1) and have to use both encoders together to get it right to 0

3) EQ band reordering – sometimes I end up with my low band at the second highest frequency – nice flexibility, but can we have a button to reorder the (non-shelving) bands so they are in the right order? Otherwise I have to think about which band is where.

4) Stereo bus to mono -> To avoid confusion can a stereo bus (ie Mix5-6) be turned into a single mono bus (or the outputs summed to mono) to allow them to be used as a mono bus without the risk of someone panning a control one way or another.

5) Can the Automatic Mixer be enabled for Ch17-32 instead of 1-16 (even as an option)?

6) Can we map the USB audio (from a computer) back in to ST1-3 rather than being limited to 27-32?

7) Mute group light flashing – can get a little annoying? I know when you turn off the mixer, the mute lights go to about 50% brightness, is it possible to instead of flashing them on and off switch between half on and off or half on and on? (if the hardware allows)

8) Rotary speaker effect – I like a leslie speaker as an alternative to chorus, it’d be nice to see it on the QU – with the speed (fast/slow) being able to be mapped to a softkey!

9) RTA overlay on EQ (but people have already mentioned this one)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Some good points.

6) Can we map the USB audio (from a computer) back in to ST1-3 rather than being limited to 27-32?

Im sure there are a few people wanting this to free up the Custom layer in both Live and Studio scenarios’.

Technically I’m not sure if this is possible as my GSR24m routed back to 31/32?

Profile photo of SDC
    SDC
    Participant

Another request for this please

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

3 is a good idea certainly.

Profile photo of Smalltown Jim
    Smalltown Jim
    Participant

A lot of this gets my vote; The QU series is potentially a very option for small/medium sized worship environments; but as a lot of Churches rely on less capable volunteers or pokey-joe (enthusiasts); Being able to offer greater degrees of lock-down control should benefit all including A&H sales.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.