Request: peak hold

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Request: peak hold

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DocDocDocDoc DocDocDocDoc 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

Sometimes the peak hold feature on the meters of my old 01V was really nice for setting levels in a hurry. It would be great to get that on the Qu-16!

Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

I’m surprised this isn’t getting more likes. I ran into a situation this weekend where it would have been really nice: multiple wireless systems in use, and one of them was periodically bursting RF hash into the mains. Peak hold would have identified which.

I think it’s very useful.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

GR, it doesn’t make much sense to post here considering the customer communication policies of A&H.

I think your idea is really useful and logged in one last time just to let you know.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I will echo Guitarhero. In defense of AH. If they start directly commenting about a specific request(s) then it opens the door to having to do that for everyone. That can get dangerous. I would say your request is noted.

Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

I was more asking about forum members “liking” it, not so much A&H involvement. While the latter would be nice, I suspect they use number of likes as a very crude measure of user interest in these feature suggestions.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yes, I know. I just wanted to explain why I didn’t reply to your first post. I found your idea useful, I just don’t see any sense in posting here anymore.

Profile photo of DocDocDocDoc
    DocDocDocDoc
    Participant

I have a 01V96i and have set its peak-hold on/off switch to one of the softkeys (called “user defined keys” by Yamaha). This really is a great feature, especially if you want to level two channels to exactly the same gain. So I’d like to support this feature request!

I have an additional suggestion to make: Together with the peak hold, the gain section of the processing view could display the actual db value for the channel (as done by many DAWs).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.