Replacing or repairing encoder knobs on GLD

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Replacing or repairing encoder knobs on GLD

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jrns jrns 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ctrumpower23
    ctrumpower23
    Participant

Hello,
    I have a GLD T80 in which I just replaced all the fader banks, and is working perfectly, except the encoder knob near the touch screen (the one that controls whichever parameter is touched within the screen) is….stuttering badly. If I pull up or push down on the knob while turning it works better, but still not perfect. If I try to turn it without pushing/pulling, it hardly works at all. I found the part onlne: https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/513340-allen-and-heath-ai8567-gld-80-encoder-no-switch

But, before I tear the thing apart again, does anyone know if this is a simple solder or tab connection or is this thing directly connected to the circuit board trace? If so, I should probably just send it back for repair but I would rather spend $12 than a few hundred.

Thanks!
    Chris

Profile photo of Silvermake
    Silvermake
    Participant

Hello ctrumpower23!

Encoders are soldered direct to the circuit board, but it will be replaceable. I think that excatly that encoder might be easy to replace.

Here is some pictures where you can see (pic 3) that encoder is placed small circuit board next to the touch screen.

Inside GLD80

I have replace one of those EQ-encoder, as you can see one of those pictures. 😉
    Hope this helps!

Make

Profile photo of ctrumpower23
    ctrumpower23
    Participant

Thank you! Ill let you know how it goes

Profile photo of jrns
    jrns
    Participant

How did you get on with the encoder replacement? I’m thinking of doing this next week 😬

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.