Replacement Fader Bank not recognized by console

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis troubleshooting Replacement Fader Bank not recognized by console

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of lightingman117 lightingman117 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

We have several faders going bad on our Avantis. We ordered a replacement fader bank from Sweetwater. I replaced the fader board, but when the console starts, it says “failed to connect to right motor faders” (the right bank is the one I replaced. I tried loading the firmware again, but the fader software does not update. The logs say, “”Console: ERROR Unable to open /dev/ah_motor_right (file:///../../Bridge/Console) and then C”Console: ERROR: Error 13 – Permission denied (file:///../../Bridge/Console).

I have submitted a support ticket but was hoping someone here might have a solution.

Thanks!

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Just a follow up to my initial post. Support was very quick to reach out and explain that the fader banks have a solder pad that must be joined for either the right or left bank. I was not aware of this step in the repair process, but joining the correct pad cleared the issue right up.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

Did you call Sweetwater for the fader bank?

I can’t find a standalone fader-bank for sale anywhere.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.