Remote Layer Question

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration Remote Layer Question

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DoctorG DoctorG 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of turnstile
    turnstile
    Participant

I’d like to use the remote layer for several stereo pairs, and a few mics for a broadcast setup. Is it possible to assign a stereo input to one fader on the remote layer? The goal is to have everything come up on the right side of the console, all on single faders (with space between the stereo sources). Just trying to make it easier to pull fades. Thanks.

INPUT LAYER:
    1,2 – Player 1
    3,4 – Player 2
    5,6 – Player 3
    17 – Mic 1
    18 – Mic 2

REMOTE LAYER:
    25 – Player 1
    27 – Player 2
    29 – Player 3
    31 – Mic 1
    32 – Mic 2

Profile photo of DoctorG
    DoctorG
    Participant

I don’t think your proposal will work, as the assignments to the custom layer are “fader by fader.” If you used the three stereo inputs this might work, but you can’t combine two faders from separate channels into one on the custom layer, unless you send them to a mix and assign that to the custom layer.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

DCA’s if you just need level control. If by”players” you mean CD’s, mp3’s, iPods or the like, bring them in on ST 1, 2, or 3 and assign the single stereo fader to the custom layer.

Eezy-peezy…

turnstile
    Participant

Thats what I thought. So I guess I’ll do some re-arranging of inputs and just put them on the stereo inputs as suggested. My previous consoles custom layer could do this, so I just thought Id ask.

One other question regarding my setup, does anyone know of what MIDI note/data the soft keys send when engaging them? I ask as I was going to see if I could use them as start/stop controls for my audio players (computer app that has the ability to map its controls to MIDI data or keystrokes).

Thanks again for the help.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Softkeys can be assigned to MMC and DAW Bank Control, the messages sent are described here: Qu MIDI Protocol V1.82+

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

If the channels are paired you only need one of them on the custom,layer, the other will follow faithfully.

turnstile
    Participant

@[XAP]Bob – Thanks! Just tried it and your right. Works perfectly. @andreas – With regard to Midi CC functionality and the the soft keys it appears that only the Bank up/down are useful when trying to control my radio software externally. All the other possibilities either are functions that you would not want to have happen to the console while working (scene changes), send only SYSEX data (MMC), or are some form of continuos MIDI control or a latching control (tap tempo, and muting commands respectively). It’s too bad they don’t have the option to assign MIDI note values to them via a “MIDI” choice. Anyhow, thanks everyone for the help.

Profile photo of DoctorG
    DoctorG
    Participant

I also thank you, Bob. I didn’t think of that! Good to Know.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.