Remote applications and missing FX

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Remote applications and missing FX

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mfk0815 Mfk0815 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

I am planning to buy a SQ5 in the near future. But i am used to use a remote app on a tablet device for doing things like monitor setup and so on. Also preparing shows at home using an offline editor is part of my workflow.
    So, is there any estimated release date for such application for the SQ?

Furthermore, the current firmware is equipped only with some reverbs and delay effects. Can you please specify which effects I have available on my GLD will be available in the near future. And please make it clear which of them will be integrated in the firmware and which we have to buy separatly, because for me it is clear that some of them will cost us extra money. Only I want to know with what I have to calculate. At the moment it is a little bit like a “cat in the bag”.

Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

Yes … I too will require the remote app as well as a smartphone app for the folks on stage to mix their IEMs. So … I’m holding my order until those appear. The X-32 remote apps are great and I would expect the same for the SQ.

My rep said that he would have a unit to demo in mid November. Well … we’re just about finished with the turkey leftovers and still no SQ. This is going to be like waiting for Christmas morning ! ☺

Anybody in the U.S. touched one yet ?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

The roadmap for the apps/editor, as communicated during the webinar, is to release the SQ-MixPad app for iPad and possibly Android in December. This will cover all key live mixing functions. A personal monitoring app will follow in the new year, but it’s difficult to give a meaningful ETA at present.
    Enhancements to the MixPad app, including offline scene editing, and compatibility with desktop operating systems will be next.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Thanx Nicola for the information…

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Hi Nicola,
    Thank you for the information about the apps.
    Do you also can bring some light on the plans around the FX future for the SQs?

Regards
    Klaus

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.