Remote App

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Remote App

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Is the GLD remote APP only for the iPad? I have a Lenovo tablet I would like to uses

Profile photo of Kris Kurowski
    Kris Kurowski
    Participant

iPad only. I would NEVER trust ANY Android device to run audio apps reliably. You can also use a Windows tablet like Surface and run GLD Editor.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

With Mixing Station (https://dev-core.org/mixing-station/) exists a 3rd party remote app for Android, iOS and Windows. Among other consoles also a GLD version is available.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I went off to that site but looking at the small print saw: “Android emulators will work for Midas/Behringer mixers, but not for A&H mixers” Shame. Not sure why Android would be considered unsatisfactory for controlling a sound mixer. At out theater we have use android devices to work the lights while rigging stage side. They connect to a ETC Element 2 and we have never had a problem. One caveat though is that we use a dedicated and secure wireless router that allows no connection to anything else especially the internet. Thanks again for you help.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

That comment you saw is about emulators but not about real Android devices. I personally would not agree with Kris. Android or iOS have both the same reliability. And MixingStation is quite the best remote app for any supported mixer.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Oh, thanks for pointing that out. I revisit the site.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.