Redundant back up

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Redundant back up

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of pdherring pdherring 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

Is it possible using a standard network switch to have some kind of redundancy between FOH and the stage box on stage.

I would like to have two leads going from stage to FOH. Can I come out of the stage box into a switch then from the switch two leads coming out to go to FOH? Can I have a switch at the desk as well to avoid having to manually swap the cables over?

I’m basically interested in some details about whether I can use the GLD system with standard networking products.

Thanks
    Tom

Profile photo of pdherring
    pdherring
    Participant

Yes have tested it this week for a show I have coming up. I did it with two Cisco 3560c and spanning tree. Obviously the week link is the cable linking the desk to the first switch and the dSnake cable to the second switch. Oh and of course your adding the switches into the failure point, so instead of it just being 1 cable that could fault you pretty much are protecting the long run and adding another 3 points of failure.

I only tested with one SM58 plugged in and got sound routing okay. I have not tried this for a show.

Hope this helps.

P

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.