redo the patch

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions redo the patch

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KilianB KilianB 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jb07
    jb07
    Participant

Is there a way to move the tracks while keeping the data (name, EQ, Gate, …) in order to redo the patch

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

no

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Does Copy & Paste not achieve that?

Or save each one to the library & recall it from there?

OK – To answer myself – The Library works, but C&P seems not to move names or preamp

(I think)

SteffenR
    Participant

does the library save the name and color?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Yes – options to recall “Preamp”, “Name”, and “Colour” (in offline mode on app anyway)

Profile photo of jb07
    jb07
    Participant

I just gave it a try, it actually works.
    Thank you Markpaman

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

But i personally would love to see a method like on the Yamaha consoles where you can move a channel, lets say channel 34, to another place, lets say to channel 5, while all channels from 5 to 33 move one slot to the right. Same feature I would like to see on the dLive.
    Sure, you can rearrange the channel strips on the layers, but nevertheless the pathing and input channels are horrible scrambled in the worst case. And it is for sure not helpful when you always have to remember that the channel on the strip numer 5 is in fact input channel 31 and the input socket is 46.
    In the ideal world everything would be clear before you come to the show. But who of us did not have to deal with incorrect rider or surprising special guest or extra instruments?

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hey Mfk0815,

atm we can rearrange channels within a specific faderlayer. But you are right. I could be cool to grab an input channel in the strip assign menue and drop it anywhere. But it might also be a big source for confusion…And it probably messes with the A&H faderlayer concept…

Cheers

Profile photo of KilianB
    KilianB
    Participant

But i personally would love to see a method like on the Yamaha consoles where you can move a channel, lets say channel 34, to another place, lets say to channel 5, while all channels from 5 to 33 move one slot to the right

Mfk0815,

on which Yamaha console can you do this?

As all channel strips can be assigned anywhere, I feel it actually helps to not also be able to change the order of input channels – just for the sake of staying sane 😉

SteffenR
    Participant

on which Yamaha console can you do this?

as far as I remember on M7CL, QL, CL and Rivage
    but rearranging channels introduces a short break in audio

and it’s not possible on DM and PM

TF, LS-9 and O2-R I don’t know

Profile photo of jb07
    jb07
    Participant

Having learned everything on the job, I usually prepare my patch before the concert by bringing together voices, guitars, drummers … suddenly if a new singer appears I have to shift everything! I may not be using the correct method?

Profile photo of KilianB
    KilianB
    Participant

as far as I remember on M7CL, QL, CL and Rivage
    but rearranging channels introduces a short break in audio

Hey Steffen,
    to my knowledge, it is not possible to change the order of input channels on these desks. In fact, that fixed architecture seems to be one of the advantages of the Yamaha boards.
    However, QL, CL, Rivage and even LS9 have user layers which can be populated in any way the user choses.

I recognize the behaviour you are describing (inserting a channel causes a drop out) from the Avid Venue consoles. I believe on these desks, all following channels will indeed “move to the right” in this case. However, the patch does not change.

SteffenR
    Participant
    Profile photo of KilianB
    KilianB
    Participant

Cool, I have never used that feature.
    I guess that was really useful on a PM5 or M7.

However, it doesn’t “redo the patch” – which I think is a good thing.

I like to keep the original patch, add any extra channels to the end and then (re)arrange the channel strips in a way that makes sense. But that’s just me.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.