Recover Partial USB Multi-Track Audio

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Recover Partial USB Multi-Track Audio

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mikethebike mikethebike 7 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Greg
    Greg
    Participant

I was multi-track recording our last show using our Qu-16, and I accidentally shut down the board before I stopped the recording process. I’ve got the usual huge WAV files on the USB thumb drive that I was using, but I can’t seem to open them with anything (I’ve tried Sonar and Audacity so far).

The WAV files all appear to be corrupt, which I’m assuming is because the files were truncated courtesy of the accidental power down. So now I’m wondering if there’s any way for me to recover the audio data that is in these files?

Of course this happens on the one night that we shoot some video, and I was hoping to replace the video camera’s audio with the cleaner audio that I was capturing from the board…

Thanks for any tips you might have!

Profile photo of Gordon
    Gordon
    Participant
    Profile photo of Greg
    Greg
    Participant

Ah, thank you for that!

Profile photo of mikethebike
    mikethebike
    Participant

Hello
    I also fall on the problem of accidentally shut down the qu 32 before stopping my multitrack recording on the qu drive.

I have seen the procedure to recover the files using a windows based PC. Is there something similar when using a Mac ?

Thanks for any suggestion or solution

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.