Recording

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Recording

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dpdan dpdan 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of CRISCO27544
    CRISCO27544
    Participant

We just picked up a chrome qu-32 for our church. First ever digital. We had been recording sermons using Garageband via a line-in from an output. This past Sunday we were playing around and were able to map the usb and record(only one track, pastors mic). I THOUGHT we would be able to set up a template and cover the whole board (all inputs are listed when you try to set up a track in Garageband), but now in reading and playing around it just doesn’t seem feasible. Set up all of the tracks last night and would only record whichever one was highlighted. My wife also needs to record rehearsal tracks. On the previous board that was done via stereo out into a Tascam cd-r which she would then rip and email to choir members or copy for the ones that still wanted CD’s. Downside to that is it is one take recording. I’m trying to sell her on digital recording and being able to punch in/out…ya’ll all know the benefits.
    I’m just looking rough tracks, not studio quality. Is there a way to accomplish this in Garageband that I’m missing? If not, what would you guys recommend for easy peasy multi-track recording? I can fumble through Protools, but my wife…nah.
    Thanks

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

The Qu-Drive will do multitrack recording. Simply put a USB stick in the Qu-Drive, format it, then record.

Profile photo of Studiodawg
    Studiodawg
    Participant

I agree. The Q-Drive is really convenient; revolutionary actually. Record to Q-Drive, transfer to DAW computer, edit and do whatever you need to with the final audio product. Best of luck!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

QuDrive will do stereo or multitrack recording.

So will usbB, they are configured in the same place

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

or just use an analoge output and go into the Tascam CD recorder and make CD’s like she was comfortable with.

Profile photo of CRISCO27544
    CRISCO27544
    Participant

Thanks for the input. I’ve got her back on the Tascam for now until I myself am comfortable enough with the board. I was gone this week and found out today the awesomeness of saving Scenes. PEQ’s got tweaked while I was gone, fired up the board this morning to all sorts of roaring/feedback. Scenes,RECALL, fixed.

Thanks again ya’ll.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

there is a learning curve for sure, but the more time you spend at rehearsals where you can experiment with the console,
    and time spent ALONE with it is time well spent.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.