recording With Qu-16 on windows with cubase 5

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions recording With Qu-16 on windows with cubase 5

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Taz Taz 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Taz
    Taz
    Participant

Hi, everybody and in first I’m sorry if my questions were already handled (I’m french and even if I think my english is not too bad it iss sometine not enought good to really understand)

I want to buy for my band a digital mixer for studio and live, my first choice was the presonus 16.4.2ai but I discovered thi QU-16 and it seems to be sexy !

But I have a big question, in the manual it seems to be impossible to use it with windows to record instrument step buy step as I do with my sound card actually (old firepod) i.e record drum then bass … (I don’t need to explained you how we record in studio 😉 and make easily rere if the guitarist miss the end of his riff (again and again-I’m bass palyer and us we play well, very well or we do dead note)

I saw multiple answers about this but i’m not very sure to understanding well (a lot of answers by Mr Dhak).

If you can help me to find the good answers on the different topic or make a new for me you will be “the one for me, for me, for me, formidable”(C. Aznavour-old french singer).

Thanks a lot

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

Impossible? Umm, how did I just record a band on 16 tracks then with cubase on Windows 8 two days ago? Oh yeah, right, they released a driver for Windows. Works! It’s an ASIO driver with an additional Directsound driver. So you could use Cubase to record all channels and still use foobar or WinAmp two play music while the band pauses. Only stupid thing is that it seems the Directsound driver always plays to ch 1 and 2 on the Qu16 and not on a stereo in. That sucks.

Profile photo of Taz
    Taz
    Participant

Thx for the response.

Profile photo of yet
    yet
    Participant

I want to use the Qu in my studioand for live….but I’am a little bit affraid about the 16 or 24 tracks thru the usb b port (not a fw 800… or usb 3).
    Have u tested the stability with ableton or another DAW ? And the latency ?

Thank for the feedback,

Yann

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

As said I used Cubase on Windows. After configuring everything it ran smoothly. No hiccups, no high CPU load so far. I didn’t touch the latency settings, it worked fine. Also latency isn’t an issue if you’re only recorind all tracks. It would be an issue, if you wanted to do a monitor mix in the PC instead of the Qu, which doesn’t make that much sense, since the Qu has everything needed for a low latency monitor mix.

Profile photo of yet
    yet
    Participant

big thanks for your post Jens !

Profile photo of Taz
    Taz
    Participant

Hi I finally bought it and try to configure it to record on cubase.
    I need some help to make the good configuration.
    For the entry i have a multiple choice, 24 mono 22mono +1stereo,20 mono+2st,18mono+3st and 16mono and 4 st.
    In first I chose the 16 mono and 4 stereo but when I plugged the mic on the mic 1, I could see on cubase that the mic one was on st1 Left and not on M1, I tried all the possibilities and finally took the 24 mono to have mic1->M1…mic16->M16 so it worked but It’s just some “bidouillage”(sorry I don’t know the english term).
    But it’s for the out that I need some help I have a stereo choice and after the same that the entries[4st+16mono …] (I run the correctly asio drivers for qu-16).
    And another question, is it possible to hear via the headphone what cubase is playng or just via the monitor?
    All the help will be greatfull and after this i Think that I will write a doc with photo for all the neww users to avoid the same problem.
    Sorry if my text was full of grammatical and spelling fault.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hello.
    With Cubase
    Is it possible to save a template and post it somewhere so other people can get a copy of the template and then load it into their Windows Laptop or MAC book pro?
    Does it work like that?
    Is that called a midi Key Map?
    Thanks look forward to your reply

dave NZ

Profile photo of Taz
    Taz
    Participant

Hi Dave,
    For your question I’m not able to answer, I don’t know and I never have to use it but I’m gonna take a look to see if it’s possible.
    And for mine I found the problem, for the output I have to choose the channel 17&18 to the stereo output and use the page of the Fn button when I’am on the processing page to run the stereo1 on usb streaming.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.