Recording with Q24

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Recording with Q24

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mikeyboy mikeyboy 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mikeyboy
    mikeyboy
    Participant

Well….. I don’t see that anywhere in the manual….. I could try that…..

I am very confused however….. I’m on a Mac, so I did not download any drivers…. Do I still need to set up the midi stuff that’s in the manual…. Or can I bypass those instructions.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

…if the external drive is connected via SATA its probably ok, an external USB drive connected to the same USB controller may be problematic, since this doubles the load on the controller. FireWire is a different story, depends where the controller is physically connected. I’d really recommend to prefer an internal drive, at least for a first try.
    And if you didn’t try a “short cable”, how long is the current one?
    The Qu is directly connected to the Mac (without a Hub), correct?
    Is there anything else connected to any USB port (i.e. webcam)? Mice, Keyboards do not count.
    Single track should work with any DAW.

On Mac there’s no need to install any driver for the Qu, except you intend to use the HUI protocol to control your DAW from the Qu faders.

Profile photo of mikeyboy
    mikeyboy
    Participant

Let me clarify something…… To those of you having success with logic and a Mac…… Are you doing any midi setup at all inside the qu24? The manual has a section about the control and midi tabs…… Up to now I have been bypassing that step.

Since I did not download any drivers I assumed that step wasn’t nessesary

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.