Recording to DAW from QU 24

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Recording to DAW from QU 24

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JC JC 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JC
    JC
    Participant

Hi!

Just on my way to get a QU24 and have two questions.

When recording a live session(FOH) to my DAW can I record streaming 24 ch direct after the preamps (I suppose so..) or if I want, with all effects etc included?

I also have some outboard gear that I would like to use if possible. There are no inserts so will this be possible and if so how to do this.

Any thought on this would be appreciated.
    /JC

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

To use outboard gears you need an AUX for Send your signals to the outboard gear and then a normal input (or stereo input) for your FX-Return!

Profile photo of JC
    JC
    Participant

Thanks for the info!

Any thoughts about the DAW recording issue?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hello. I have just spent about 3 days testing with QU16 and Reaper. And I’m stunned how easy it all works as a DAW! Flawlessly.
    QU24 not available for a few months where I live.
    Plugged in an ME-1 and that works great with the DAW scenario as well.
    I used the USB-B streaming into a macbook pro.

I cant see why you would want to use inserts in a recording like you suggest. The QU has a host of compression types available
    I spent a year learning , making templates with Reaper and GSR24M. (firewire)

And this QU just plugs and runs?
    Need to install the App though.
    Hope this helps
    cheers
    davyd

Profile photo of JC
    JC
    Participant

Thanks for the response!

Can I use any of my external Preamp passing the once in the board? There is no inserts so is this possible.. I do some akoustic recordings live, and usually would like to use some of my own preamps for a few instruments.
    /JC

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.