recording remix

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions recording remix

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of rookie rookie 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rookie
    rookie
    Participant

I am new to all of this… I have recorded a multitrack to a storage device through the Qu-drive and now want to play it back, remix and record the final stereo track to the same or another storage device. What is the procedure?

Profile photo of Victor Kennedy
    Victor Kennedy
    Participant

To remix it you need to import the WAV files you recorded into a DAW, where you have full access as if they’d been recorded in the DAW.

You can’t remix internally in QU 16/24 etc from the QU drive. Hope this helps.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

You can patch the USB drive to playback multitrack recordings back through
    the input channels on a QU. Look at the USB multitrack set up pages in
    the manual.

I don’t think you can record a two track mix down master back to the USB drive at
    the same time though, you would need to go to an external recorder of some form.

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

You have 3 choices to mix your tracks.

As Victor said, transfer the files to a computer with a DAW and use a USB connection from the computer to the board to mix the tracks to a stereo file using the qu drive in 2 track mode.

Or use the DAW directly to mix the files down to a stereo mix.

And as Mike said, you can play back your tracks from the qu drive and record to a device connected to one of the analog outputs or digitally through the AES output or by USB to a recording program on a computer.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Let me add that when playing a multitrack recording back through the QU you do have
    all of the channel and mixer processing available.

Profile photo of rookie
    rookie
    Participant

Thanks guys… that helps. I think I will try Mikes suggestion first… and let you know what the outcome is!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.