Recording QU16 channels with FX into Cubase

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Recording QU16 channels with FX into Cubase

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

the question was not about a DAW
    he already uses a very good DAW
    easy to learn and incredible powerful

@anthony1974
    I still trying to find some resources to learn something about modern recording techniques

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@SteffenR

True but some DAWs do things others don’t.
    It was not clear if he was aware of other DAWs when he got cubase.

Cubase has a nice rep. I never tried it so cant say what problems it may have wrt others.

volounteer
    Participant

@anthony1974

there are a number of websites that explain home recording from simple to very detailed

and there are others that explain how digital works although most of those have mistakes and misconceptions in them

there are websites on other aspects too like mixing, mastering, f/x, gear, software, you name it info is out there

you need to figure out what you need to know.

read the tuts and ask questions
    https://homerecording.com/bbs/
    https://homerecording.com/bbs/general-discussions/newbies/?s=da244c7804a18d5c8ab7dc56ecc9824c

short intro on everything

CHAPTER 1: The 9 Home Recording Studio Essentials for Beginners

CHAPTER 4: How to Set Up Your Recording Room

CHAPTER 5: Audio Recording 101 for Home Studio Musicians

Profile photo of anthony1974
    anthony1974
    Participant

Guys, thanks for all your help. I guess I am just used to my old setup where I got the FX right and just recorded it. I will take a look at the resources you’ve shared, it’s been about 12 years since I last recorded anything so I have a lot of reading and catching up to do!

Many thanks once again

volounteer
    Participant

@anthony1974

I thought we had digital earlier than that (I studied it at the uni in the 60s) but for sure in the last 12 years of so it has gotten much bigger and widespread as prices have come down.

You *could* still do it the old way but why?
    It is so much easier to record dry, then edit in the fx. Less time wasted getting it just so to suit your idea of perfection.

The library should be full of books on recording/tracking, editing, mixing, and mastering, as well as all types of digital gear and how to use it. And the web is full of info too.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.