recording phone call for podcast

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions recording phone call for podcast

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ozboy Ozboy 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ozboy
    Ozboy
    Participant

Hi dumb question stemming from lack of practice with Qu-pac. I have to record a telephone interview this afternoon for a pod cast.

I propose to record my voice via a mic on ch 11 to garage band on the Mac using the USB cable. No problems.
    To record the guest voice from the phone I have a stereo cable plugged into the phone going to stereo 1+2 on the qu-pac. Problem:
    I can’t see how to assign stereo 1+2 as an input to another channel, say channel 12 to go from the qu-pac to garage band.
    I guess I could have another mic recording the speaker phone but I wanted to minimise noise feedback and maximise sound quality.

Any suggestions welcome. Somewhat urgent request.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Why not just using a Mix? Or record 1+2 and mixdown in Garage Band.

Profile photo of Ozboy
    Ozboy
    Participant

Yes now I have the phone line out to 13+14 and mic in on 11. This seemed to work well the first time but that may be because the phone transferred to the computer (mac handoff) without me realising it. The second time it was a complete failure. Still that should work shouldn’t it?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

At least it should be possible to configure your Desk+DAW to work that way. I don’t know Garage Band, but if you can mix live audio coming from USB, channel numbers should not matter. Of course you should see a signal on the peak meters on both the Qu and the DAW to verify routing is ok.
    If you did not re-arrange your USB patching, then Ch 13.. should be on USB Ch 13.. as well.

Profile photo of Ozboy
    Ozboy
    Participant

All works reasonably well now thanks for the help Andreas. Of course it can still be done much better!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.