Recording on Imac

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Recording on Imac

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of grmusik grmusik 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JW
    JW
    Participant

I am using a gld 112 And an iMac for a house of worship and would like to be able to record on the iMac with Logic Pro. We have an AirPort Extreme connected to the gld that we use to mix with an iPad as well as connect on stage iPads for in ear systems individual control. We want to record individual inputs as well as the surface of the gld during live music for play back purposes. I’ve heard of Dante but not sure if I need this or if what I have already will work any ideas would be great. Thanks

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

The Dante card will allow you to do everything you described you want to do. It is expansive but will make what you want to do very seamless and easy. Good luck

Profile photo of JW
    JW
    Participant

Is the Dante card the only option? Someone told me that all I would need is my router hooked up to the board and iMac via Ethernet. It works fine to control the board via the iMac but I’m struggling to get it to work with Logic Pro.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I believe the Waves Soundgrid card could work too, but the Dante card gives you more options to route the audio to many more sources. Technically if you only need the audio to go from your mixer to your iMac, you can plug a standard CAT5/CAT6 ethernet cable into the Dante Card and straight into your iMac’s ethernet port.

I suggest you watch (if you haven’t already) the Dante YouTube videos to see the capabilities of the card.

In my opinion, the Dante card gives you the best options available.

Robert

Profile photo of grmusik
    grmusik
    Participant

If you are currently using the console’s ethernet port then you can control the board remotely but it is not possible to get audio in or out. This ethernet port is for control only.

Follow Robert’s advice and get the Dante card. I use it with Logic and Tracks Live. It works perfectly.

Gregory

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.