Recording live events

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Recording live events

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of rhill rhill 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rhill
    rhill
    Participant

What’s the best way WU users have found to record live events. Using a hard drive connected directly to board or using a laptop running a recording program. I had a band recently ask me if I could record them and send them the file. I wasn’t prepared for that only use it for live. Lmk what your thoughts are in this? Maybe I can offer to other bands too.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

A harddrive is certainly the most convenient but tops out at 18 tracks. You can record 32 tracks if you use a computer. You can even do both at the same time.

Good luck !

Giga

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

I have recorded many shows using the QU-Drive with a Samsung T5 & T7 SSD to great success. But as Giga has already pointed out, if you want or need to record more than 18 channels, a PC or Mac is required.

🙂

Profile photo of rhill
    rhill
    Participant

Perfect was going to ask what hard drive next. 16 channels max. Most Bands use far less than that. Appreciate the advice.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Word of caution, before you think about using a nice new SSD, format it to FAT32 on either a PC or MAC and then insert it to your QU board. You can then format it again via the desk and doing it that way should ensure that your QU recognises the SSD properly.

🙂

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

I’ve used the free Waves Tracks Live on a Windows laptop with great success. You can create templates for different gigs with track names that are also the names of the track file names. It was created for live recording and playback so it’s easier to set up than a full featured DAW.

Profile photo of rhill
    rhill
    Participant

I’m going to look into this. I have a free windows laptop too to use. Thank you

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.