Recording individual tracks and L&R

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Recording individual tracks and L&R

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andre S Andre S 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dependable
    Dependable
    Participant

Hi
    My journey into the SQ5 continues. What a great little desk!

Can anybody tell me how I would record both individual tracks and the stereo L&R simultaneously – or can I only do one of the other.

Thanks
    Richard

Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft
    Dave Meadowcroft
    Participant

Just route whatever you want to a USB out. That can be Tie Lines from your inputs or direct outs from your channels if you prefer and any mix buses including LR.

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi Richard,
    you can do both.

Record the individual channels via the Ip Direct Outputs or tielines.
    Via tielines:
    Go to the I/O screen->Tielines->Local (or SLink if you have a stagebox connected). In the top row go USB and patch all the channels you want to record
    Via Direct Outputs
    Go to the I/O screen->Outputs->IP Direct Outputs. In the top row go USB and patch all the channels you want to record

For you MainLR outs:
    Go to the I/O screen->Outputs->MixOut. Here you´ll find all Mixes (Groups, Auxes), Matrices and your MainLR. In the top row go USB and patch your MainLR to two USB outputs, you haven´t used up.

Remember: 32 is the limit for USB recording. If you want to record your MainLR, you can “only” record 30 individual channels.

Hope that helps.
    Cheers,
    André

Profile photo of junior
    junior
    Participant

Hello everyone! I don’t know if it is happening with you, but with me comes in the performance comes out and I can’t record separate tracks by the SQ driver. I have tried several brands of pendrive, several brands of external hard drives, including the vast majority of SSD and all give errors. Start recording then hang. In this latest update 1.5.3 I was anxious to think that they had resolved ….. but nothing again. I don’t even open any more complaints with A&H because I know it’s a hopeless case. I left hand …..

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi Junior,

search the forum and you will find a lot of suggestion for USB Drives that will work flawless. I myself use a SEAGATE BackUp Plus Portable Drive (2TB) with no error so far.

Cheers,
    André

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.