Recording from i-Live T-80

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Recording from i-Live T-80

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tony
    Tony
    Participant

I was asked to help with running the sound board at church. In learning the basic functions of the i-Live T-80, I have discovered that no matter how I set up the mix for the stereo recorder, it has no effect on the audio mix recorded. Is there a way to run the after (EQ/faders) main mix out of the board from the rear panel to a stereo recorder? I know there are input/output jacks on the rear panel. Also, I noticed that the stereo input channel is on the monitor side of the board and not the input side of the board. Anybody have a signal flow block or schematic diagram for an i-Live T-80? I read in one of the manuals, that input PAFL setting can override the main output mix.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

The T-80 is just a remote control with audio connections for the iLive system.
    And the I/O sockets are freely patchable.

Remember, the input sockets are not the same as input channels… an input channel can get his signal from different sockets and this is recall-able with scenes.
    And output channels or buses can send their signal to different sockets… also recall-able with scenes.

I read in one of the manuals, that input PAFL setting can override the main output mix.

not really… you can configure every output to be a monitor output and you can assign L/R to monitor then PAFL will override the L/R signal with the PAFL
    but if you have outputs configured as main outputs no PAFL will override this.

Can you provide some more information on the bus configuration of your system?
    Maybe you can draw a patch diagram…

btw. the diagram will not help I guess 😉

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/iLive_range_block-diagram_2.pdf

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I have discovered that no matter how I set up the mix for the stereo recorder, it has no effect on the audio mix recorded

so I think there is something configured as recording source what you are not expecting…

if you like you can send the showfile via private message and I have a look into it…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.