Record with Pro Tools ?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Record with Pro Tools ?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of NoisyLoft
    NoisyLoft
    Participant

Hey guys ! I will surely sound dumb, but it’s impossible for me to find informations about recording with Qu24. Impossible to find a tutorial or whatever

What I do : connect Qu24 with USB to Computer; run ProTools 11 and change interface to Qu24; and now ?! On the console, when I change channel sources to USB, I have only 1-2 and 3-4 (main output and headphones return) showing on 1-2 and 3-4 on the Qu.

If someone can answer to me, detailing how to, I will make a tutorial (in french, subtitles in english) showing how to do it.

Profile photo of NoisyLoft
    NoisyLoft
    Participant

Bump !

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

What computer?

A Mac (or Linux) box us Core Audio and will just see th channels, a Windows box will need star help – ASIO drivers…

Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

Hi @noisyloft, there is a video tutorial on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8opaijoJbY
    If you wish to return audio from Pro Tools into a stereo channel, set the global USB source to USB B Streaming, Select just ST1 and set source to USB. In your DAW this will appear as Ch 25-26, so you will need to set your DAW main out to Ch 25-26.
    You will then need to send ST1 to the Main LR mix.
    Let me know if you need any more help.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

Bob,

Linux isn’t Core Audio, it’s something different and more complicated:

The Linux Audio Mess

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

It’s close enough to “just work” with core audio compliant devices…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.