Record to Qu drive include effects?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Record to Qu drive include effects?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of lesouvage lesouvage 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AB7
    AB7
    Participant

Hi – when recording to the Qu drive (18 tracks from top USB port) – are the tracks raw tracks from the inputs, or does the processing get included on the tracks? (I am fine if they are raw, because I would rather use the processing in my DAW.

Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

You can choose. By default it’s post gain + pol inv, but pre everything else. You can move the tap point further along the signal chain if you want (with some caveats.)

Profile photo of AB7
    AB7
    Participant

That is great. BTW, is the gain a digital change to the signal, or is it accomplished like an analogue mic.line preamp?

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

I’ve been working with too many different mixers recently to say for certain off the top of my head. IIRC for the Qu it’s a case of analogue preamps with their gain being digitally controlled (as is the case with most digital consoles.) The block diagram supports this. The digital control allows for the preamps to be recallable, as well as be remote controlled (allows for stageboxes over cat5.)

Profile photo of lesouvage
    lesouvage
    Participant

I think it makes sense to record a dry signal. You can add everything needed afterwards when processing and mixing but you can not remove what was part of the recording. Today the first recording I made with my Qu-16 was on local radio. It was mixed and master mixed by a professional with real good demo quality as the result (sorry, a bit of topic but what I want to say is, that the recording feature is awesome)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.