Record from GLD80 to Laptop

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Record from GLD80 to Laptop

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of johnfrusketti johnfrusketti 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Thunzie
    Thunzie
    Participant

Hi all,

Our sound guy uses a GLD80 with a ACE card. Hopefully this is a simple question; We want to record individual tracks from the GLD80 to a DAW (Reaper in this case) on a Windows XP laptop. Is it possible, and if so can someone tell me how, or refer me to relevant documentation? I haven’t been able to find anything in the manual.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Thunzie,

You didn’t say what you are using the ACE card for. ACE and dSNAKE don’t offer any facility for recording I’m afraid. You might consider switching to the M-Dante or M-Waves modules for this, depending on your application.

Profile photo of Thunzie
    Thunzie
    Participant

Thanks Nicola, I only mentioned the ACE card because it’s got network connections so I hoped it might be a way. So is there some other way we can get tracks out to record live onto a DAW on a laptop with the GLD80 without having to buy any other cards?

Profile photo of BobWitte
    BobWitte
    Participant

You will need a card to do multitrack recording. ACE as stated above does not have that ability and was not designed for that. Most people here use the Audinate Dante solution – Dante card for GLD and Audinate Dante software driver for there laptop. I am a Mac guy so I am not sure what the support is for Windows XP. Several threads on this forum already posted that discusses this option.

Profile photo of Thunzie
    Thunzie
    Participant

Much appreciated Bob, thanks for the info.

Profile photo of johnfrusketti
    johnfrusketti
    Participant

I personally choose the M-Madi + RME Madiface USB, just because i can use the RME with other brands thats use MADI protocol.
    I use Reaper on Win7 without any trouble.
    Others thats use M-Dante hasn’t got any trouble, so one solution or another works ok.
    Bye
    Luca

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.