Record and Playback from DAW thru QU16

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Record and Playback from DAW thru QU16

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bigguy55 bigguy55 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bigguy55
    bigguy55
    Participant

I am asking what kind of setup on QU16 would allow:
    1) Record say 5 tracks direct to DAW via USB B output on QU16. I am assuming the USB B interface can do this in one recording pass
    2) Record 2 more tracks direct to DAW via USB B output on QU16 while hearing/playing back one or more of the original 5 tracks recorded on the DAW.

Is this even possible? Thanks for any suggestions including “you are dreaming”

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Bigguy55,

This is indeed possible with the Qu’s USB B interface. Any channel can be sourced from USB or a preamp, and this will correspond to the signal that comes into this channel. If the preamp is chosen, you would create a track in your DAW to capture the incoming signal from the channel. If USB is chosen, you would output your recorded track from the DAW to playback through the channel on the mixer.

I hope this makes sense, and please start a ticket at support allen-heath.com if you would like further assistance.

Thanks! Alex

Profile photo of bigguy55
    bigguy55
    Participant

Thanks Alex. Not sure I completely followed that but am encouraged it can be done. Main thing appears to keep track of the I/O assignments for each channel. Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.