Recommended / Favorite Effects

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Recommended / Favorite Effects

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of David Haughton David Haughton 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

There are many families of effects that come included with the GLD. And with the large number of families, most times, each family has several options. Thus the number of options are overwhelming.

I am fairly new to the GLD and am now in the position to begin looking into locating several effects for vocals for a small church environment, mainly for a worship leader and (singer) specials.

I am looking for recommendations for reverb, chorus, and any other suggestions that the group have found useful. If you use non-default values, I would be interested in that as well.

Thanks in advance

Profile photo of plevrier
    plevrier
    Participant

Most of the time I use this setup:

FX1 : H481 live with a time of +/- 1,5 sec – Vocals
    FX2 : Delay long with 50% feedback – Vocals (on global tap 1/4 note)
    FX3 : Delay short (slapback) 0% feedback – Vocals (on global tap 1/16 note)
    FX4 : Doubler / Rotator
    Rotator only setup for use of Tube Drive to Max. To get harmonics for Vox / OH
    FX5 : EMT with a time of +/- 1,0 sec – Instruments (guitar / keys / horns…)
    FX6 : Dynamic EQ on vocals group bus
    FX7 : De-esser on main vocals
    FX8 : Gated Verb / Transient Controller (what is needed for the type of music / show)

Hope this helps for you.

regards,
    Pascal

Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

Hi all, it’s possible to share library presets through the User Library section of the community.
    Simply save your libraries in the mixer to USB, transfer to your PC and upload them here!
    https://community.allen-heath.com/groups/gld-libraries/documents/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.