Recommendations for IEM

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Recommendations for IEM

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Barryjam Barryjam 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rich
    Rich
    Participant

I’m a drummer as well as sound engineer for my band. I want to use a wired IEM as my mixer, a QU-SB sits behind me on stage. Can I connect a pair of IEM’s directly to one of the monitor outputs (with a suitable XLR to 3.5mm adapter) or do i need any kind of inline amplification ?

Any recommendations gratefully recieved.

Profile photo of Roy
    Roy
    Participant

You’ll need some form of amplification as the signal is only line level from the mix outs. I use a Behringer Powerplay P1 for my drummer and he loves it. Cheap and well built. I also connect just a mono mix for this, you can connect a stereo mix as well if the application absolutely has to have stereo.

https://www.gear4music.com/PA-DJ-and-Lighting/Behringer-Powerplay-P1-Personal-In-Ear-Monitor-Amplifier/XP0

Cheers

Roy

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

You could plug earbuds into the headphone out. I think you could route any mix into the headphone out via PAFL if i’m not mistaken. My drummers and I (play keys) are right next to the QU-SB, but we still prefer ME-1s for the immediate control of levels of the exact channels we want in our ears. Put a limiter on that mix!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.