Received my SQ5!!! Scratched and bent USB port…I'm happy anyway!

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Received my SQ5!!! Scratched and bent USB port…I'm happy anyway!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nemydom Nemydom 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nemydom
    Nemydom
    Participant

Hi guys, I just wanted to share with you: I have received it today! Finally!
    I am so happy!
    Thank you to everybody who helped me and shared their valuable knowledge over the last few weeks!
    Even the scratches around the USB port and the bent connector inside can not make me less happy!
    The USB seems to be working okay. Well, I only turned it on the first time a few moments ago and successfully formatted a USB flash drive. It was brand new, in a factory sealed box, from an official A&H supplier.
    I attached a photo: just interested, is it kind of “normal” for a brand new, factory sealed SQ to have scratches and things like that?
    I’ve had lots of brand new pieces of equipment over the course of my life, but never seen something like that from a reputable brand… I actually own an A&H XONE:92 and it’s spotless! So I am very surprised…
    image is here

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Nemydom,

No, it’s absolutely not normal and we would never expect this on a new purchase.

Please could you send this in a ticket at support.allen-heath.com with your place of purchase details?

Thanks
    Alex

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

that’s not normal

Profile photo of Nemydom
    Nemydom
    Participant

Here is another photo, showing the connector is actually a bit damaged… Not a big deal, providing it works. But how reliable it’s gonna be in the future? It would be nice to hear official A&H comments, please.
    bent connector

Profile photo of Nemydom
    Nemydom
    Participant

oops, sorry guys, I posted the second photo before I’ve seen your response…
    thanks, will do!

Profile photo of AMX Pete
    AMX Pete
    Participant

Traces/scratches of usage, screw next to the USB connector clearly overtightened ( that’s why the connector is so out of shape )
    Can’t imagine A&H has let that one go out of the “factory” like that.

Profile photo of Nemydom
    Nemydom
    Participant

The previous usage is impossible, as there was a protective film on the screen and the small channel screens, and it was completely sealed, in a plasic bag and a factory box.

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Seams it slipped through QC… Check everything else very thoroughly and report to support. Mine had a faulty touchscreen encoder. The values jumped all over the place, when I turned it. Also other little things but we got it sorted out. The longest time without my mixer was, when it was laying around at the german distributor, while waiting for exchange parts from china. It took something like 2, almost 3 months…
    But as you know, I´m a happy SQ user nevertheless.

Cheers,
    André

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Sorry to hear that @nemydom. Best would be to contact the reseller and request a replacement. This is in my opinion part of his job and responsibility.

Profile photo of dylanmaudio
    dylanmaudio
    Participant

Received my SQ a couple of weeks ago, and funnily enough – bent USB for me too. I don’t believe it was retailer, but I’m not bothered by it to be honest. Seems to work fine, and USB feels snug in the slot.

Profile photo of Nemydom
    Nemydom
    Participant

The issue has been successfully resolved. Alex A&H, your help was amazing!
    Thank you very much!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.