Recall *Parts* of a GLD Show File?

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Recall *Parts* of a GLD Show File?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jeff Jeff 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jeff
    Jeff
    Participant

Hey folks,
    I have two GLD’s linked with an M-ACE card: FOH and Broadcast. We have a unique normal show file set up on each to cover both our contemporary and blended services with one show file, and while the Bank 1 channel layers are set up identical for operator familiarity, each has specific settings for I/O card, output routing and some of the Bank 2 layouts. So there are differences between each GLD’s show file.

So, this week we’re doing a special contemporary Christmas service on a couple of nights, which is in essence the contemporary Sunday service setup but with various stage jack, channel routing and DCA assignment changes as we’re using a number of the normally blended service setup jacks and channels. We did one already Sunday night by saving a new show file on the FOH GLD, modifying it for the changes, and everything ran with no issues (none expected).

However, we decided to Livestream this week’s 2nd showing, so now I have to set up my Broadcast GLD, which remember is linked to the FOH GLD via the M-ACE card. As there are setups I *don’t* want to change on the Broadcast GLD, is there a way to copy over the input change setup from FOH while keeping the Livestream specific routings from the I/O Card and Bank 2 layout the same? I don’t see a way to load a showfile with any sort of filter. In hindsight I probably needed to set up the same show file on each GLD and then save the input/output routings as scene setups (i.e. I/O Card input/output assignments, channel-surface setups etc), like you’d do in a festival/multi-band setup, but, well, 20/20 and all.

Any way to do this or should I just suck it up and manually do the changes on the Broadcast GLD?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

save a scene and recall this after transfer… in scenes you can filter what you want to recall

and it’s a good idea to backup your settings to a scene

Profile photo of Jeff
    Jeff
    Participant

Steffen,
    The problem is it’s two different show files, and show files have discreet scenes, so you apparently cannot recall a scene from one show file into another.
    I was thinking maybe there was a manual way to do this on the USB backup, i.e. move the scene files from one showfile folder to another, but it seems not.
    In hindsight, I should have kept both GLD showfiles the same file, and saved scenes for the specific routing of the FOH GLD vs the Broadcast GLD, but…
    Then I’d be able to bring up a copy of the showfile with the Christmas concert scene to the Broadcast GLD and recalled the channel setups only.

I actually do have backups of the scenes and showfiles, the entire USB in fact, to a file server and two or three different laptops.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.