Recall Libraries or Reassign Input

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Recall Libraries or Reassign Input

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scallywags Scallywags 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Scallywags
    Scallywags
    Participant

Looking for opinions here. I mix at a church. I’m a volunteer and most people here have probably forgotten more than I know. That said I’m here posting on a forum for advice so I’m not completely useless. So we rotate thru a few different artists week to week. Mics are routed thru stage boxes, d snake into desktop. I have different preamp settings, EQs, compressor, etc. for each artist.

My question is when I come in and Joe is on the mic that Sam was on last week would you leave the input alone and recall libraries for eq and other settings or would you have a channel dedicated to artist A and another one artist B then unassign/reassign the input to the correct channel whenever they change? What do you see as pros and cons of each option?

Profile photo of adeattheback
    adeattheback
    Participant

Sounds very similar to our setup: we have baseline settings for input gain/gates/filters/PEQ/Compression saved by name in the Avantis library for each vocalist/instrumental and whichever channel they end up on, we just reload their settings and we are 80% ready to go

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

You could set up a scene for each singer and filter down to only restoring the settings you want for just that one channel. Then just name the scene the persons name. If the singer was on a different channel than what they were when you created the scene, you could just repatch. Just a thought.

Profile photo of Scallywags
    Scallywags
    Participant

Thanks for the input.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.