Recall I/O Routing per Scene

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Recall I/O Routing per Scene

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 2 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of WilmotTech
    WilmotTech
    Participant

Hey all,
    Forgive me if this has been covered – a bit of searching didn’t yield results.

We’ve been running an SQ7 for church worship services for a few years, but I’ve recently started becoming more engaged in the audio side (been focusing more on video and lighting).

I *thought* that our I/O patching followed each particular scene recall, but it appears I was wrong. Specifically, I’m looking for each scene (particular to a particular team that rotates through each week) to carry over the IP Direct Outputs patching, which routes to our Aviom system.

It appears currently that when I change the routing in one scene, I can switch to another scene and that routing has not changed.

Am I missing something that will allow me to store that routing along with a scene?

Thank you.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@WilmotTech

All routing is stored in a scene, so I’d recommend checking whether you have any Global or Per-Scene Recall filters engaged (set to ‘Block’) which might be preventing the changes on recall.

Thanks,
    Keith.

WilmotTech
    Participant

Thanks Keith.

In the root menu of “Scenes” if I select “Recall Filter”, everything is set to “allow” in Input/FX, Mix and Other.

When selecting Global Filter, under “Mix” we have Patch set to Block, and under Other we have Softkeys and Soft Rotaries set to Block. Everything else is set to allow. Will the global “Patch” under Mix/Main be preventing it?

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SQ_ReferenceGuide_V1_5_0.pdf

Page 60
    Reading the manual can save lifes!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    WilmotTech
    Participant

“Reading the manual can save lifes!!”

Wow – that’s a powerful manual! How many lives did we save today? 🙂

Profile photo of Lozion
    Lozion
    Participant

Lulz

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@WilmotTech

The Input Direct Outputs are covered under the Input/Patch filter, the Mix Patch filters should not affect this.

Are you only changing the input channel direct output patching?
    Do you only have input direct outputs patched to your personal monitoring system?
    How are you feeding the Aviom system?

Thanks,
    Keith.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.