Recall Filter vs Global safe

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Recall Filter vs Global safe

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jay Jay 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joshua
    Joshua
    Participant

Hi

I am new to bigger Live events. so i was learning about scenes and i came across this weird confusion.

What is the difference between Global safe and Recall filter in Dlive systems?

Does both of them does the same job while recalling or changing scene ?

Kindly bear with me if it is a stupid question.

Josh

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

A global safe stays in place for all scenes, whereas a filter is specific to a particular scene.

Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

One thing to know about dLive scenes – there is a “base scene” #65535 that appears to represent the current state of the mixrack at all times, including bus configuration and items not recallable in scenes. When you save / recall a show, this scene is always saved and is the basis for everything that is global/role safe or masked off by recall filters when a show is loaded. There is nothing you can do directly with this scene, it is always the mixrack state at the point of the save.

It also means, unlike other desks, you can save a show with no scenes stored and still have it recall to the point where it was saved.

Jay

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.