Rearrange scenes?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Rearrange scenes?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sparko
    Sparko
    Participant

I’m a bit of a newbie to the QU system and wondered if anyone knew of a way to rearrange scenes?

I use this mixer in a band and each scene is setup to be a different song. However before each gig it would be great to reorder the scenes into that day’s set list then all that needs to happen is to tap the assigned softkey and the next song in the set will load into place.

I guess people who use the system in theatre when adding in extra scenes or rearranging the order of things have a similar problem.

Maybe there is a way of re-numbering them from the files on a USB or something?

If not then I guess I’ll have to suggest it in a firmware update.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

There is no scene editor for the Qu. I would love that ability as it is also important for my work flow. Even just a simple way to rearrange or add and subtract scenes would be extremely helpful.

Profile photo of jakethepeg
    jakethepeg
    Participant

I haven’t got access to my mixer but if you save the scenes to USB, you should be able to edit the scene numbers on a computer which will change the order they appear on the mixer? Might not be an officially approved way of doing it but should work none-the-less. I haven’t tried it though..

Profile photo of Sparko
    Sparko
    Participant

I’ll have to have a bit of a play with it and see if it works.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Scene numbers are stored inside the file which is protected by some sort of CRC. Renaming the files has no influence of scene ordering in the mixer.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

It’s a laborious copy and paste.

Set up the actual scenes at one end of the scene list, then copy them in order to the other end for each gig.
    (To copy simply load then store in a different slot)

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

…or use some sort of MIDI control application which is able to send Scene changes in whichever order you require.
    …and, maybe, some future update allows to retrieve Scene Names through the official MIDI protocol…

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Or not use MIDI at all and just come up with a simple scene editor app and/or add a feature that allows for scenes to be moved without the copy/paste workaround that [XAP]Bob suggested.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Don’t know if QuControls can have a list of scenes?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

No, no scene stuff in it at the moment (except by use of soft keys – can control all 15 of those).
    Would be a good thing to add though, especially for what I assume is the app’s main market, giving basic functions at places/times with no trained operator.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

A ‘go to this scene’ button (preferably with the scene name lifted) certainly seems like a decent addition.

Profile photo of PEJ
    PEJ
    Participant

Maybe I am missing something, but why not just write the scene number next to the song in your song list on on the sheet music if you use it. The function knob will spin through the scene numbers very quickly.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Because it involves looking at the mixer and stopping at the right place – quickly. The ‘next’ option is an instant switch…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.