reamp routing

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting reamp routing

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bodie Bodie 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bodie
    Bodie
    Participant

Hi folks, I want to reamp a track from protools through my Qu32 to a guitar amp and back into pro tools. I have routed the track to channel 1, (and it’s playing, so it’s not a pro tools issue) put on usb streaming to the track, but i can’t work out how to then route it to one of the physical outputs on the back of the mixer. I’ve been through the manual, and surfed the net for hours,and can’t seem to find the answer.
    I’m convinced the solution is staring me in the face, but I can’t see it! Any help much appreciated

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Bodie,

You will need to use a mix bus to get the playback from Pro Tools to an output on the mixer. Press a blue Mix Select key on the right hand side of the mixer and turn Channel 1 up.

You can then patch from this mix output to your guitar amp.

Something to note is the outputs on Qu are balanced line level signals, so you may need a converter to turn the line level signal into the correct type for your amp.

I hope this helps!
    Thanks
    Alex

Profile photo of Bodie
    Bodie
    Participant

Thanks Alex,

I got it to work first time after reading your advice! I was looking for a way to assign the channel to an xlr output, but I also came across a youtube vid where the guy said that’s not how it works.
    So I understand routing better(not completely!)

I bought a Radial reamper to do this, and it works a treat.

I recorded a virtual Clavinet track, and now it has nicely amped analogue wah-wah(via my foot!) on it, which sounds great, so thanks heaps!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.