Read-Only Scenes

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions Read-Only Scenes

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of pilotspike pilotspike 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I would like to have the ability to flag scenes as read-only, so that only the admin user can overwrite, save, edit, or delete scenes flagged as such.

-Scott

Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

Obviously you can prevent non admin users from editing/saving ALL scenes, but I agree the ability to lock or unlock individual scenes would be really useful. For example if we have a guest user we don’t want them to be able to edit any of OUR scenes but it would be really helpful to allow them to save their own scenes.

Yes, we COULD give them their own show…

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

This would be handy. I’ve set up a show file for a church where there is a baseline scene which sets up all the regularly used channels and another one for when they add a singer with a guitar. What’s supposed to happen is that one or both of those is recalled, specific changes are made for that particular week, and that is saved as a new scene which is deleted afterwards. What can happen is that someone overwrites the baseline show instead which then screws up everyone else who recalls it later.

I just have my own copy of their correct show file which I load any time I’m there, but scene specific read-only mode would prevent that particular issue.

Chris

Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

Yes, that too. As well as keeping my own copy, I hide copies of the master scenes down the bottom of the list. These can get recalled directly from a soft button or on user login, or if I want a user to be able to recall one themselves I have another copy near the top. They can then edit that one if they want to.

But read only scenes would avoid these tricks.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I manage a GLD at a church, so this is the same reason that I would like a read-only scene capability. I want to allow users to create their own scenes, but don’t want them overwriting a set of default scenes. Right now, I do the same as Chris, and keep a backup copy on a USB that I regularly copy back to the console.

Profile photo of pilotspike
    pilotspike
    Participant

I have wanted something like this as well. However, one thing that i have done is duplicate my important scenes (ie room default, etc) and hide them. There are something like 500 scenes that you can save, so I put copies of the important scenes at 500 and counting down. So basically I have backups in scenes 494 – 500.

Nobody scrolls down that far to save something and effectively they are out of sight and out of mind. If someone squashes one of them at the top of the scene list, I just recall the ones at the bottom and over write the ones at the top restoring them 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.