Re-routing a channel to just a mix output?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Re-routing a channel to just a mix output?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dick Rees Dick Rees 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dickiefunk
    dickiefunk
    Participant

Hi,

How do I re-route a channel’s output to not come through FOH? I would like to be able to do this as I sometimes need to do IEM mixes without the sound coming through FOH as there will be a DJ going through the system.

Thanks

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

On the console:

Use the channel “assign” button on the left side of the console to assign/un-assign a channel from any selected mix bus. Hold button down, use channel SEL button to toggle off/on.

On Qu-pad:

Channels have individual ON/OFF selection at the top of the “fader”.

It’s on page 22 of THE MANUAL.

Profile photo of dickiefunk
    dickiefunk
    Participant

Thank you!

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

You’re welcome.

When moving from analog world to digital world I had a bit of a time grokking “virtual cabling”. Now I no longer think of it as “routing”, but rather “assigning”. Yes, it is routing, but you do it by assignment. Maybe a semantic difference, but words/terms do carry different baggage.

Task-oriented addenda to the manual would be a help, but you can always access the user base as you have done. In my case it took wrestling matches with the first five or six issues such as yours to get a feel for the topography inside the machine. Now I find it easier to know what to look for and where it might be.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.