Rackmounting QU-SB

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Rackmounting QU-SB

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jacobrownoly Jacobrownoly 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of adam_dawson
    adam_dawson
    Participant

How are we all racking our QU-SBs? Do you need to allow a deeper lid at the front to accommodate the angle of the facia? Does anyone leave XLRs plugged in, and how do you route them to other rack gear in the same case? Is there room underneath the SB to fit cables, or would I require 1u of free space to route cables through to other gear with I/Os at the back? Trying to find the smallest rack possible for the SB when it arrives, but I would like to leave as much gear wired up internally as possible (wireless kit essentially).

Also, is there room on the back the SB to fix/velcro a small USB powered travel router?
    Thanks all!

Profile photo of hobsound
    hobsound
    Participant

SKB shallow 4-space rack.
    The only thing I leave plugged into the front is an angled RJ45 that connects to the router I have mounted in the back of the case.
    There is a small amount of room under the SB, but not much.
    Because the SKB has front and rear rack rails I have a CyberPower power strip in the back, as well as my router.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Jacobrownoly
    Jacobrownoly
    Participant

8u deep rack. Have router and power strip in the back.

It’s heavy but seems to work ok.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.