Rack options

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Rack options

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of PeterM PeterM 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

Three questions –
    • Can I use the SQ with my DM64 rack without a Dlive surface when I need to save space?
    • When can I expect support for my DX32 rack?
    • Does the EFX’s include a dynamic EQ?
    PS looks fantastic and I have ordered a couple 🙂

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

looks fantastic and …..

I have not ordered any yet!

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

@peterm
    Glad you like them.
    – The SQ cannot be used as a dLive Surface i.e. it would not control your DM64 rack. You can share audio between the two by fitting a gigaACE card in the DM64, and effectively use the DM64 as a (rather expensive) stagebox if you like, though you would still need an iPad or laptop to control the DM64’s preamps and patching.
    – V1.0 will offer support for DX168. Support for DX Hub, DX32, DX164-W is planned for early 2018.
    – SQ does not have Dynamic EQ at the moment. It is possible this will be added in future to the RackFX options.

Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

Thanks Nicola,

I expected that I would not be able use the DM rack … but maybe … if you were going to be able to control the preamps in the DX32 racks it may have been possible with the DM via the DX port.

We have iLive, dlive and Qu in our inventory as well DX32 and AR2412 racks. Often the Qu24 has enough inputs for many of our shows and its small size is great, but once you have mixed on a dLive it can be frustrating when you are missing some of the extra tools. I find the thing(s) I miss the most are a dynamic EQ or multiband compressor, even a side chain on the compressor would help. As an rack EFX option would be fine.

Our SQ’s will be out of action to some extent until the DX32 is enabled … soon please 🙂

Best Regards
    Peter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.