QuSB – Can channel 1 input be duplicated to 17 also?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QuSB – Can channel 1 input be duplicated to 17 also?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkPAman MarkPAman 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TurnerBurner
    TurnerBurner
    Participant

Hello,

I have a QuSB with 16 inputs. I’m wondering if it’s possible to send/ split the signal from Channel 1 to Channel 17 with both active simultaneously, Channel 2 to Channel 18 and so on within the mixer application. If not, would an expander be required to use Channels 17 to 32 in the app?

I’ve adjusted I/O patch and Source settings to no avail. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Turner

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Nope, the inputs are one on one, even with a rack attached. Y-cable to the rescue đź‘Ť

Giga

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Oh, and to add: if you connect a rack, input 1 on the rack “replaces” input 1 on the Qu-SB provided you choose Dsnk as your source. If, for instance, you choose local as the source for channel 3, xlr/jack 3 on the Qu-SB is active and xlr 3 on the rack does nothing.

Giga

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Actually if you are you using a stage box/rack like a AB168 or AR2412 with the QUSB or any QU mixer you can patch the inputs like you are wanting to do. You can take any input from the stage box and patch it to any input channel on the SB or in multiple combinations, if you want to assign ch.1 from the stage box to all 32 channels on the SB you can do it.

You need to go into the IO set up menu then to D Snake input menu to assign the stage box to mixer routing and then in any channel pre amp menu assign the stage box source to the channel.

Personally I find the stage box input and output routing assignment menu easier when using the iPad QU Pad app.

The inputs and outputs on the QU mixer surfaces is hardware based with the exception of the ALT OUT and the AES OUT.

TurnerBurner
    Participant

Hi Mike,

So if I get a GLD-AR2412 24×12 then I can assign Channel 1 input to both Channel 1 and Channel 17 with both active and independent?

Then do I send the signal via DSnake to my QUSB and use the LR and Aux outs for FOH and monitors?

That was my impression from reading various online resources.

Turner

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Oopsie 🫤 Apologies Turnerburner and thanks MikeC !

You learn something new every day. (Although in this case I can’t think of a real world use for my situation)

Giga

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

So if I get a GLD-AR2412 24Ă—12 then I can assign Channel 1 input to both Channel 1 and Channel 17 with both active and independent?

Yes you can.

Then do I send the signal via DSnake to my QUSB and use the LR and Aux outs for FOH and monitors?

Yes you will use the D snake connection on the SB, on the AR2412 you will connect to the D Snake jack on the lower corner.

Yuo can use either the outputs on the SB or on the 2412 and even both at the same time with the same output.
    The output patching is in the set up menu under D Snake outputs. The outputs on a stage box are fully patchable like the inputs.

TurnerBurner
    Participant

Cool – I’m excited to try it out. A retired professional sound engineer from an iconic American band suggested that we divide the board with the monitors split to currently empty channels (eg 17 to 32). Thus, the FOH and monitors would have completely different gain control, EQ, effects, etc and then adjustments to one side wouldn’t affect the other. The input list below looks like it will solve a couple of our perpetual sound bugs.

And although I’m in a band I also want to run sound occasionally around town and the AR2412 will expand the inputs for the 6 and 7 piece bands, so I’m happy about the bigger capacity.

Thanks everyone – hard to beat the power of smart people!

Turner

TurnerBurner
    Participant

32 channel lineup

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Do already have the AR2412 ? I’ve been looking high and low for months before I found mine…

Giga

TurnerBurner
    Participant

Hi,

Nope but I ordered one online and it will arrive on Wednesday.

T

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Note that gains will not be independent between chan 1 & 17, 2 & 18 etc.
    They will be sharing the same preamp, so the controls for that are not independent.
    This is probably not a problem though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.