QUsb 1.5 firmware compatibility with 32 bit I-Pad

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QUsb 1.5 firmware compatibility with 32 bit I-Pad

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hugh Hugh 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

I have an 11 inch I-Pad that has a 32 bit operating system. If I upgrade my QUsb to current 1.5 firmware from it’s existing V 1.92.4542 will my 32 bit old I-Pad still work well? I have recently acquired an SQ5 and it’s current firmware requires 64 bit I-Pad capability.
    Hugh

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

I need to make a typo correction: The new firmware is 1.95, not 1.5.
    Hugh

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Hugh,

Yes, you must already be using the current app which works on 32bit devices/OS.
    This will work with all versions of V1.9 firmware (including V1.95).
    It is only changes to the app that could affect the 32/64bit operation too – the console firmware will not affect this directly.

Cheers,
    Keith

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

Keith, thank you for your prompt response. I am experiencing a lot of problems working with my QUsb USB QU-drive. Formatting is extremely slow when it actually will work and my stereo recordings of walk in music will not generate the screens to activate play back with either my powered Glyph or flash drives. When I discovered the fact that my firmware was dated I checked out the latest V1.95 release notes and it made clear a 7th generation I-Pad (All I-Pads after 5th gen are 64 bit) would be much better if not required. I recently discovered the necessity of this 64 bit I=Pad requirement with the SQ5 for remote control. I have my first gig since march next week and it is an out door beer and barbeque blast that calls for the QUsb to be in service. I wonder if resetting the original format with a paper clip might be a good idea to try to resolve my issues.
    Hugh

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.