QuPad on iPhone 6

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions QuPad on iPhone 6

This topic contains 25 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dkhand
    Dkhand
    Participant

I’m curious if the QuPad can be adopted on the iPhone? Since the iphone (especially the 6+) has a pretty big screen. It would be pretty cool if the iPhone can have the QuPad on there. I think Mackie DL series of iPad app was able to achieve this I think.

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Can’t do it on either Qu-pad or Master Fader for the Mackie

Profile photo of Dkhand
    Dkhand
    Participant

Are you sure? I think it may not have the full functionality but still be able to control the faders at less.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

That’s a different app – like QuYou is not the same as QuPad. So I guess what you’re really asking is, can QuYou be made to do a bit more than it does at the moment..

And lots of people have been asking that!

robbocurry
    Participant

Yup, like Mark said.
    That’s My Fader you have a picture of (not Master Fader), it’s similar to Qu-You but can control all the mixes but only that, no processing.
    Running QuPad on an iPad mini is getting close to the limit of use. Unless you have very small fingers and very good eyesight, running the current app (if it were possible) on a 6+ might be a nightmare.
    Perhaps a pared down version will materialise in the future, it might just be the ticket!
    Just my 2p worth

Profile photo of Dkhand
    Dkhand
    Participant

I see your point. I am actually working with an iPad mini with QuPad. It’s actually pretty good and I don’t have much of a problem with viewing or controlling anything in there.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

The size difference is a full 25% (8 inches down to 6)

That’s after the 20% reduction from the iPad to the mini…

robbocurry
    Participant

I use minis as well, they’re my fav of all iPads!
    Did my fourth gig with v1.7 yesterday. Being able to use two at a time makes for a better user experience imho

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Dkhand
    Dkhand
    Participant

I did as well for my church worship as well. I love it. The only reason I ask this question here is because my volunteers don’t always have iPads but most have iPhones. Just thought it would be great to utilize them if possible. Even just fader control when they have to step away from the main console for a second. (I don’t like the console being unattended)

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Possibly use Mix 9/10 as FOH??.

Profile photo of Dkhand
    Dkhand
    Participant

Got too many things laid out to change that. Between monitors and secondary recording tracks, really can’t justify that change. Certainly a good work around but that wouldn’t be for us.

robbocurry
    Participant

I wouldn’t rule a more featured version of Qu-You, or a dumbed down version of Qu-Pad out of hand.
    The guys at A&H have been very good to us.
    The Qu range has really blossomed with firmware updates, iPad and iPhone apps and multi connectivity.
    I’m happy as is and very grateful!
    Worst case scenario with any of the QU range is for someone to sit at the mixer and mix 😉

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

It’ an option that’s available for some, not all. Always worth putting it out there though 😉

A church iPad? Or just sit behind it unless you have one available.
    Even a “softkeys and FOH fader” option would be nice in your case I suppose…

Profile photo of Dkhand
    Dkhand
    Participant

Yes, it is worthy for exploration for some for sure. I do on occasion do some knowledge exchange with some of the sound technicians in the area, will bring it up there.

I wish we can afford an church iPad for this as we’re a small/medium size mobile church. Even though my church has been pretty good at acknowledge the need of good equipments, I would still need to balance what is needed and what is just a want. In this case, an church iPad is still only on the want list. I would certainly bring it up at one of our team meetings to plan for in the future.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Even an older second hand one – not everything has to be new.

Are there enough people around who have one that it could be demonstrated to be a valuable tool?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.