Quick question regarding USB output

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Quick question regarding USB output

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of whatsoup whatsoup 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of whatsoup
    whatsoup
    Participant

I’m fearing the worst here, or maybe I’ve not worked it out yet, but does the mixer send processed (on the mixer) audio back out through the USB? The DAW I use, Reaper, is only recording the local input audio, and none of the EQ and effects.

After finding out I can’t use SQ drive at the same time as audio coming in from the USB, I really hope this isn’t the case. Tell me I’m doing it wrong! Thanks 🙂

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

In general it is not that good idea to record pre processed signals. In almost all cases it is better to record the raw signal coming out of the preamp.
    But for those rare cases where you want record the processed signals just read the chapter 8 and especially 8.1 as well as chapter 6 of the user manual. Reading is sometimes so helpful;-)

whatsoup
    Participant

c’mon dude, I appreciate your response but don’t insult my intelligence 😉 I’ve read the manual twice, believe it or not, but that was a while back and I don’t recall anything on that subject. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Direct out tap point is the key… change that to “post” where you need it

whatsoup
    Participant

Apologies for reviving this post again, especially now I realise it should have gone into the troubleshooting forum, but I can’t get this to work. Direct out options are working, but as far as I can tell you can’t record audio with effects on it. Has anyone had this working?

Looks like I’m going to have to record straight off the desk. Can anyone suggest a simple solution to record the stereo out to get onto my computer? A PCI card maybe, or a small recording device I can plug in.

whatsoup
    Participant

Thinking about it, I could go into my standard PC sound card but might end up losing audio quality. Any ideas?

whatsoup
    Participant

Okay, I’ve worked it out. I had to route the channels to the main Left and Right in the Mix Out-> USB section. That’ll do for now. At least I know it works! thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.