Question multitrack recording on hard drive

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Question multitrack recording on hard drive

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of eduaortega
    eduaortega
    Participant

Hello, I have a question, I have a qu24 at work and I have a portable hard drive wich I use to multitrack recording , on Sunday I have to work with a qu32 and I want to know if I can bring the same hard drive and record on qu32 without formatting the drive, so i can let my laptop at home and only bring the hard drive to record, thanks for your help !

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@eduaortega

If you formatted it on the qu24 it will also work on the qu32.
    The documentation says not to use it for other applications on your PC.

Unclear how your laptop fits in this situation.
    If you use the HD with the PC for other uses then you should reformat on the Qu32.

If all you did was copy multitrack files from the HD to the PC then there should be no problem.

The only gotcha could be that the Qu32, for some reason, rejects that USB device like it does so many of the USBs.
    However if it works on the Qu24 then that should not happen.

Profile photo of eduaortega
    eduaortega
    Participant

Thanks Volounteer for the answer, the HD works fine with qu24, I tought that maybe I have to format the HD on the qu32 before recording on it, but formatting the HD is not an option, If I would have to do it, I´ll bring my laptop to record multitrack from usb cable, but if u tell me that if the hd works on qu24 and q32 that’s fine, that’s what I thought, but I have a little doubt about it, thanks again for your help bro

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@eduaortega

That is how I read the manual.
    With my years around electronics I would be tempted to take the laptop anyway and hope that I do not need it.

But as to formatting that is what the manual says.
    But it also says to format before each use so you may want to consider formatting it on the Qu32 anyway.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.