Question about AR2412 Stagebox and QU 16

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Question about AR2412 Stagebox and QU 16

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Frank
    Frank
    Participant

Hi there, does anybody know the solution of my following question about implementing an AR2412 stagebox:

I have stored all band parameters: Gain, Link, Phase, +48V, Gate, PEQ, Comp, Sends, FX for every channel into a scene…

Now I want to change from direct XLR inputs and outputs (mixes) of the QU 16 to AR2412 XLR inputs and outputs. Which parameters stay the same and which parameters I have to create knew for the dSnake routing in and out? Do I have only to set again the gain? Or is it the complete signalchain to set new? Or which parameters stay the same in the channel-chain? My thought would be, that I only have to adjust the gain, because this is another preamplifier. Is this correct?

And could I use paste an copy for separate paramters or the complete channelstring to have the same parameters in the QU-XLR Inputs, if I would have to do it complete new?

Thanks for your answers!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

only gain and phantom power status including the pad, what is not available with internal preamp will differ from the scene

Profile photo of Frank
    Frank
    Participant

O.k.. Tanks! So it is easy to change. Must only remember gain amount and phantom power and bring it at the same level…
    What is the meaning of the “Pad” function?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

pad applies -20dB to avoid clipping with loud signals
    the QU has no pad but it’s gain ranges from -6 to 60dB (not sure on that)
    the stageboxes have a different preamp design with a pad switch

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.