Qu-Drive Compatibility Thread

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-Drive Compatibility Thread

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 60 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of David Haughton David Haughton 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

I’m using this one: Left Angled USB Extension
    (Also from Amazon in Germany, if available again)
    Be careful with the angle, for the Qu you’ll need a left angle one, and even the pictures of those Amazon links seem to differ, they don’t. The photographed sides of the connector differ!

Profile photo of buzzfry
    buzzfry
    Participant

to answer my own question about my QU-16 working with my DAW Personus studio one pro yes it works perfect. im not to happy with the midi control its really glitchish real sluggish but I don’t need it anyway I just thought it would be cool to control the faders by the QU . im not lazy and it don’t really matter to me besides I am stoked that I can actually record the fx settings when im recording . my SL 16.0.2 wouldn’t do anything like that I would have to add the FX in the DAW . I really didn’t like the FX in the DAW .

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Any new drives to add anyone, especially low profile/compact ones?
    🙂

BTW…. Is there any real benefit to using a USB3.0 extension cable when the QU interface is USB2.0?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Still searching for working low profile sticks myself, still no luck…
    USB 3.0 cables at least have to follow tighter specs (to support higher speed). But for that small distance its probably academic only…
    …and mine is blue… 😉

Profile photo of av8en1
    av8en1
    Participant

I’ve had the same issue with the QU’s USB-B port connecting to the ASIO Driver under Win 8.1. Had to reboot the Qu before it would show up in the driver. I figured it would be more typical to have the QU powered up BEFORE the PC loads the driver to get it recognized.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Did an unplug/plug not reset it?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Thank you Nicola… 😉

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Since we now have this thread sticky, I’ll try to summarize which USB Flash Drives are approved to work with Multitrack recording (not covering HDDs here):
    SanDisk Extreme 64GB
    SanDisk Cruzer Fit 32
    Lexar S33 64GB
    Transcend JetFlash 710S 32GB
    Kingston Digital HyperX (DTHX30) USB3.0 Data Traveler 64GB
    PNY Turbo 64Gb

Not working up to V1.7 along several others:
    SanDisk UltraFit

For general information on QuDrive and which other drives may be used for pure data transfer check out the official Understanding QuDrive page.

And here are some links to other threads related to QuDrive started resp. updated since this one:
    Qu24 QDrive – No USB drive detected
    qu drive
    Flash Drive not on approved list.
    which hard drive for multi track??
    USB drive – Qu16
    Error message but recording OK

…and I’ve handed over a SanDisk Ultra and UltraFit to Nicola (what a pleasure to meet you!) in Frankfurt, crossing fingers… 😉

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Just thought I’d let you know that we’ve updated the KB article today and added a few more tested devices.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Probably not online yet, still dated 11 July 2013, not mentioning the UltraFit in either category…

Profile photo of Wil Riker
    Wil Riker
    Participant

SanDisk Cruzer Force 64 GB also works fine:

Using SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 Flash Drive 64 GB as Qu-Drive?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

https://allen-heath.helpserve.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/774/268/qu-drive–understanding-qu-drive-and-usb
    We’ve just added a couple of USB sticks that have been tested for multitrack recording and playback, one of these is the ultra compact and inexpensive Transcend JetFlash 710S 32GB.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Almost as if you’ve been listening 🙂

Profile photo of Stonepiano
    Stonepiano
    Participant

I have a Seagate USB 3.0 for my 16, and a LaCie 2.0 on my 24. Both have worked without glitches, but check out my inquiry on recording levels…

Profile photo of pmar
    pmar
    Participant

I have been using this USB . . . . described as tested for multitrack recording, and it doesnt work!

Kingston Digital HyperX (DTHX30) USB3.0 Data Traveler 64GB

I managed to record a full hour start to finish so I thought Id got one to work. But since the first success, it now stops recording, QU stops recognising it, and requires the previously mentioned power on/off cycle to get the QU drive to recognise the drive again.

I have also tried 2 other tested and recommended drives (which I purchased for this purpose only!), 1 of them didnt work at all, and 1 worked once, then never again. I have tried reformatting these drives, still nothing. Seems they work once, and never again!

Am I missing something here? If these drives are tested, then surely, it should just work?

The multi track straight to disk is why I chose the QU16 over other competing desks in the price range and below

Any help would be appreciated

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Qu-Drive Compatibility Thread’ is closed to new replies.