qu32

This topic contains 25 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of shivam shivam 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi
    Yes thanks,for sure.
    I call that my ‘A mix’
    effectively giving ‘8 easy thinking sends’ for a monitor desk
    I have searched the QU32 every way trying to get a couple of more sends.
    I think one way is to use ME1s’ of which I experimented today with into a powered wedge.
    You can set the QU32 to pre fader easily enough and just run with the default set up being 1 to 1 but this only gives you up to 16 in that mode of configuration.
    If you could flip to another bank of another 16 channels that would be an easy fix.
    AND the names from the QU update within a second to the ME1.
    However the ME1 is just not designed to do that or to be that type of mixer.
    If you have to train a misician on how to use an ME1 from scratch… man thats not where I want to be!

I’m frustrated as I if you look at the mixer the hardware has all of the features to be a 12 way (thinking mono) output including the subgroups.
    ‘The block diagram suggests this as well’ however the software dose not support this.
    That may be in the future but I’m a minority user in the grand scale of marketing.
    I think that to be able to turn the subgroups into mix outs (like mix sends) would put this desk at this present time ahead in the land of monitor mix desks at this price.
    Maybe I will just use 2x QU32 side by side to get extra sends and use more wedges?
    The analogue splinters I use are a 3 way split, 2 with transformers.
    It would be nice to keep it all simple! however….
    These problems get the brain thinking what else is out there and ways to easily get a work around.
    Thanks for your suggestions.

I like my QU32
    and after doing a couple of large outdoor events this week I have finally found the tone of the desk. Its different…(thats another subject)
    I’m picking up another QU32 for FOH/Monitor scenario this week.
    Thanks again!
    dave NZ

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

It would be interesting to see if this is possible, even they still have to share EQ etc (although presumably the DSP is still being applied to each side independently…)

Profile photo of jorge
    jorge
    Participant

hi
    what is ME1?
    and where i find this?

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

ME-1

DC

Profile photo of jorge
    jorge
    Participant

hi
    i ned put another question.
    hope some one can help.
    is possível work same time with one gld80 and one qu32 with same digital snake?

Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

Hi Jorge,

Unfortunately, no, a GLD and a QU cannot share the AR/AB stage boxes. If you need two independent mixers with one stage box, you’ll need to use Dante. The QU series does not have an option card slot for adding Dante, so it won’t accomplish what you asking. Either 2 GLDs with dante cards or a GLD + another mixer with dante capabilities will be required. This configuration allows you to share input preamps, but otherwise work independently.

Take care!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

OR…
    you do what a lot of other people do
    and that is a mechanical hardwired balanced split
    using splitters where you both share an exact identical spilt of the mic into signal.

Hope this helps you

Profile photo of shivam
    shivam
    Participant

Just wanted to know on which operating system does Qu works on like Linux, Java or any other
    Please clarify.
    Thanx

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Qu runs embedded software written in-house by our R&D team in Cornwall, UK.
    It is not based on any third party operating system.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Crikey – that’s more work than I’d have likely wanted to put in.
    Does give a good level of control over the environment though 🙂

Profile photo of shivam
    shivam
    Participant

Also wanted to know whether A&H releasing any Android compatible apps, working on it or may be in future.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.