QU32 with direct connection to internet

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU32 with direct connection to internet

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lane192547 Lane192547 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lane192547
    Lane192547
    Participant

Hello,

Please forgive if this has been answered elsewhere. I have been unable to find references on line.
    We are a church setting up a new QU-32 for live sound and exporting to video streaming.

My question is regarding setting up QU-Pad connectivity via wireless router, internet connectivity and on-line security.

Specifically, is there an issue connecting our QU-32 from the Qu network port to a wireless router which in turn has a connection to a local network and the internet?

The QU-32 reference guide shows a diagram of a closed network between the Qu-32 and the wireless router, with no other connections. Assuming our network has a good firewall and strong passwords, is there a problem with the QU-32 having connectivity to the internet either technically or for security?

Thanks!
    Lane

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

No there is not, I have set up Qu’s and other digital mixers with them on the facilities wifi network. You should get with your IT person and look at setting up the mixer with a static IP address, DHCP will work though.

You could take it step further and within the facilities wifi network set up a sub net with a different and hidden SSID id dedicated to the mixer.

Also if the wifi network has it available I would look at only using a 5g connection for the mixer. 2.4g can get really congested with other traffic.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

no technical restrictions only security issues
    but if you are aware of that
    there should be no problem

have a look here

and the topic title is misleading… a direct connection would be a WAN cable directly plugged in the QU
    and that’s a very bad idea… 🙁

Profile photo of Lane192547
    Lane192547
    Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.