QU32 Talkback to ME-1

Forums Forums ME Forums ME troubleshooting QU32 Talkback to ME-1

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of LKY LKY 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wrir Live Sound Guy
    Wrir Live Sound Guy
    Participant

We recently purchased a QU32 and 5 ME-1’s for a broadcast/recording studio in a radio station.

We love the board etc, BUT…

How do you route the Talkback into the ME-1s so the engineer can talk to the talent? It seems silly that only the CH1-32 and ST1-3 are available in the ME-1 as inputs. And not anything else. And the Talkback is only routeable to hard outs Grp1-8, Mix1-10. or LR. like we want the engineer running over the air… REALLY.

How can we route it so we can talkback using the convenient talkback button into the ME-1s? Seems like a complete oversight.

Thanx

Profile photo of Hawk
    Hawk
    Participant

route to mix1 and let the ME-1 have mix1 as one of the input?

Wrir Live Sound Guy
    Participant

How can you route Mix1 to ME-1? It only seems like CH1-32 is available, along with only the other ins. No Outs.

Wrir Live Sound Guy
    Participant

I’ve double checked the QU-32 and under I/O Patch, there is dSNAKE Outs and Monitor outs on separate screens.
    The dSNAKE has mixes, the Monitor ONLY has INS. Do I really need to loopback the MIX1 out into One of the INS to make this work? WTF?

I mean we just spent thousands and it can’t even route a signal?

Wrir Live Sound Guy
    Participant

So I routed the Talkback to Mix2. Then I took a XLR and looped MIX2 to CH27. Then I muted CH27 in LR but had to turn up the volume. Then I could get the talkback in the ME-1’s. Boy talk about running around your arse to get to your elbow…

Profile photo of vga924
    vga924
    Participant

Idk if this helps, but if you do not need to talk to them during performances, then you could have them turn up their external microphone input( Ambient) on the ME-1 and then simply put a powered speaker with your TB nearby. I know it is not the flexibility you desire but it may be safer than using a ch on mute!
    VGA

Profile photo of LKY
    LKY
    Participant

Well,

Iirc…

Goto page 66 in the manual (v1.7) …this is the setup for the me patch Channels…

The default is listed a couple pages before…

Anyhow, you can just assign an unused mix to the me systems and assign talkback there…

Talkback assign is page 57…

You don’t need to route a line back in via a cable…

Ex. Assign talkback to mix4, and assign mix4 to monitor channel 40…

Bret

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.