QU32 – Stereo Recording to USB Stick Stops Randomly

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU32 – Stereo Recording to USB Stick Stops Randomly

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of garyh garyh 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Westafurd
    Westafurd
    Participant

I have a Qu32 mixer and have been trying to stereo recordings to a Sandisk Extreme USB3.0 64GB thumb drive (tested by A&H). I am trying to record for about 1.5 hours (~1.5GB stereo) and about 50% of the time the recording just hangs at around 1-1.5hours. It appears to be recording but the elapsed timer has stopped and no recording is happening until I stop and restart. The mixer is updated with the most recent FW from A&H. Going to try a new stick but any help is appreciated.

Profile photo of wildman
    wildman
    Participant

I have a QU 16 and I use the same Sandisk Extreme thumb drive to record my band’s two to two and one half hour practice every week. I have never had any problems with the recordings. Always finishes the recording with 0 errors. I only use 10 channels and my individual track wav files are usually somewhere between 1 and 1.5 Gb in size, depending on when I start the recorder and how long we go.

I know this does not provide any recommendations for you, but I thought it might be helpful to know that this should work. I agree with your suggestion to try a different thumb drive, but the Sandisk Extreme is usually very reliable and compatible with the QU mixers. They can however be pretty temperamental with USB storage devices.

Good luck!

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Have you re-formatted the drive from the Qu (as recommended) before you start?

Profile photo of Westafurd
    Westafurd
    Participant

Yes I initially formatted the stick with the board as recommended. After having the issue a few times I reformatted with the board again and still had the issue. I bought another stick but unfortunately the Extreme was sold out on Amazon and so I bought the newer faster model (Extreme Go USB 3.1/3.0) but the board can’t format it or read it even if I format it separately. I’ll submit that to the list of storage devices for Qu-Drive as not functional. If I record smaller amounts 30-40mins at a time I haven’t seen an issue but its a very annoying work-around.

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

It’s my understanding that you shouldn’t use USB 3.1 drives at all.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.